The whole two year time period for K1 visa.

Asked over 1 year ago - England, AR

I'm a british citizen who is going to meet his girlfriend soon. Thing is that as we are both financially unstable (both students), I may not be able to meet her for another two or three years. We want to get married once we're both financially stable but the thing that is getting to me is the whole "you must have met in the last two years". What if we cannot meet in person in the next two years? Will stop me from marrying her?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

Answered . You cannot marry her unless you are together.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague. In a sense, you do engage in speculations about something, which may or not come to fruition.

3. Andrew Marino Bramante

2

Answered . If you are wondering whether you will qualify for a K-1 visa 2-3 years from now after you finish your studies and see each other again, I unromantically suggest that you wait 2-3 years to see if you still want to marry her. Lots can happen in 2-3 years.