The whole two year time period for K1 visa.

England, AR |

I'm a british citizen who is going to meet his girlfriend soon. Thing is that as we are both financially unstable (both students), I may not be able to meet her for another two or three years. We want to get married once we're both financially stable but the thing that is getting to me is the whole "you must have met in the last two years". What if we cannot meet in person in the next two years? Will stop me from marrying her?

1. If you are wondering whether you will qualify for a K-1 visa 2-3 years from now after you finish your studies and see each other again, I unromantically suggest that you wait 2-3 years to see if you still want to marry her. Lots can happen in 2-3 years.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

2. You cannot marry her unless you are together.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleague. In a sense, you do engage in speculations about something, which may or not come to fruition.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.