THE VICTIM DROPPED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHARGES AND LEFT THE STATE. STATE PICKED UP CHARGES, NO BRUISES , WILL STATE DROP CHARGES

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Domestic violence

I ARGUED WITH GIRLFRIEND, SHE GOT VIOLENT, GOT DESTRUCTIVE, I WAS GUARDING MY PROPERTY, NEVER HIT HER, SHE TOLD COPS I CHOKED HER, GOT ARRESTED, FACING A FELONY 3 FOR IMPEDING BREATHING, DID NOT DO IT. SHE DROPPED CHARGES THAT NIGHT, STATE PICKED UP CASE, GOING TO GRAND JURY ON DEC. 1ST

1. Your girlfirend cannot drop the charges. Only the DA can drop the charges. Sounds like the State will have witness problems. If your case gets indicted, you need to get an attorney. Your first Court date will be approx2 or 3 weeks after the grand jury.

2. What you have been told is correct. However, in practical terms if she is gone and not coming back their ability to successfully prosecute is not very good.