The victim claims there were calls, texts, and voice messages on his phone from mine, The police never secured his cell phone .

Hastings, MI |

Don't they need his phone? or at the very least, phone records?

For what? I know you think you've asked a complete question, but no lawyer reading this knows what kind of claim this is. I'm assuming an alleged crime is involved since your question mention the police, so if you've been accused of a crime, you need to hire a criminal defense lawyer ASAP, and not speak to anyone but your own lawyer about this.

And no more posting questions on Avvo --the police and DAs can read public sites like this, too.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.