The USCIS has requested for Form G325 A as more evidence for I 130 after 5 months of my petition being filed, is that good news?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Immigrant visas

The USCIS has only requested for Forms G325 A and passport size photos of me (Me the alien spouse outside USA) and my USC wife's, as more evidence for the approval of Form I 130, which was filed 5 months ago by my USC wife. Is that a good sign? Or does it mean that I have to wait another 6 months or so? Also they didn't even ask for our wedding pics or videos or any such evidence for that matter.

All that should have been sent at the beginning with your I-130, it is written in the instructions. It should have been approved already hadn't you made that mistake. Your petition should be fine nevertheless. Once it is approved it will be sent to the NVC for further processing before the interview overseas (when your spouse will have to bring evidence of the relationship).
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

This is a part of the standard processing of the I-130 as the Biographic Information and Photos. It is a good sign as it indicates the I-130 is in process. You can check on the USCIS / DOS Consulate web sites for the time expected for the processing of different applications and petitions. One thing that is necessary when dealing with immigration applications and petitions is to have patience as the process moves along. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

These documents are required as part of I-130 processing for a spousal petition. Unfortunately you failure to include them will result in a delay in processing. Typically this is 60 to 90 days after you respond to the RFE. Proof of bona fides of your marriage will be addressed during your immigrant visa interview.

It always makes sense to file everything correctly with the USCIS to avoid RFE or inadvertent delays of your I-130 Approval. I would consult with a professional immigration attorney on every aspect of your immigration matter for a more clear understanding of your matter.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com