The USCIS has requested for Form G325 A as more evidence for I 130 after 5 months of my petition being filed, is that good news?

Asked over 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

The USCIS has only requested for Forms G325 A and passport size photos of me (Me the alien spouse outside USA) and my USC wife's, as more evidence for the approval of Form I 130, which was filed 5 months ago by my USC wife. Is that a good sign? Or does it mean that I have to wait another 6 months or so? Also they didn't even ask for our wedding pics or videos or any such evidence for that matter.

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . It always makes sense to file everything correctly with the USCIS to avoid RFE or inadvertent delays of your I-130 Approval. I would consult with a professional immigration attorney on every aspect of your immigration matter for a more clear understanding of your matter.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

1

1

Answered . All that should have been sent at the beginning with your I-130, it is written in the instructions. It should have been approved already hadn't you made that mistake. Your petition should be fine nevertheless. Once it is approved it will be sent to the NVC for further processing before the interview overseas (when your spouse will have to bring evidence of the relationship).
    Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

1

Answered . These documents are required as part of I-130 processing for a spousal petition. Unfortunately you failure to include them will result in a delay in processing. Typically this is 60 to 90 days after you respond to the RFE. Proof of bona fides of your marriage will be addressed during your immigrant visa interview.

4. C. C. Abbott

Answered . This is a part of the standard processing of the I-130 as the Biographic Information and Photos. It is a good sign as it indicates the I-130 is in process. You can check on the USCIS / DOS Consulate web sites for the time expected for the processing of different applications and petitions. One thing that is necessary when dealing with immigration applications and petitions is to have patience as the process moves along. Good luck.