The USCIS doesn't ask much at all for an O-1 extension, why all lawyers want resend all the docs with new reference letters?

New York, NY |

The USCIS clearly states:
The petitioner must request an extension of stay to continue or complete the same event or activity by filing the following documentation with USCIS:

Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker
A copy of the beneficiary’s Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record
A statement from the petitioner explaining the reasons for the extension

Shouldn't the above stuff be enough?

Clearly I am not interested in running a survey, my question is "shouldn't those 3 quick requirements be enough for an O-1 extension or are you aware of something else requiring to resubmit all the documents again including new reference letters?"

1. No one can answer this quesiton. AVVO is a general information forum not "all lawyers" survey company.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

2. No, it's not. It's only the starting point. Your chances for obtaining an O-1 extension without the professional assistance of a highly experienced immigration lawyer our next to zero. Period. You don't believe me? Try and you'll see.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. You need to rely on the attorney for his or her expertise. Doing it on your own is very risky.

You may contact the Law Office of Robin J. Gray for further legal advice. Office (610) 689-0877; Fax (610) 689-0932; Cell (484) 769-5855; robingraylaw.com This answer is for informational purposes only. It does not establish an attorney client relationship.