The USCIS doesn't ask much at all for an O-1 extension, why all lawyers want resend all the docs with new reference letters?

Asked 10 months ago - New York, NY

The USCIS clearly states:
The petitioner must request an extension of stay to continue or complete the same event or activity by filing the following documentation with USCIS:

Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker
A copy of the beneficiary’s Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record
A statement from the petitioner explaining the reasons for the extension

Shouldn't the above stuff be enough?

Clearly I am not interested in running a survey, my question is "shouldn't those 3 quick requirements be enough for an O-1 extension or are you aware of something else requiring to resubmit all the documents again including new reference letters?"

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . No one can answer this quesiton. AVVO is a general information forum not "all lawyers" survey company.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . No, it's not. It's only the starting point. Your chances for obtaining an O-1 extension without the professional assistance of a highly experienced immigration lawyer our next to zero. Period. You don't believe me? Try and you'll see.

3. Robin Jean Gray

Pro

1

Answered . You need to rely on the attorney for his or her expertise. Doing it on your own is very risky.