The tenant that constantly ask for small repairs to get done and things keep breaking?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

A GFI needs resetting and they can not do it, a toilet flapper causes toilet to run, A screen comes loose on pool cage. I don't know if the item actually broke or the tenant broke it.

1. Marshall C Deason Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . Having to make repairs and getting late night calls from tenants is one of the problems with owning residential rental property. Being a landlord is much more labor intensive than other types of investments. Some of your problems might be minimized by revising the maintenance provisions of your lease, but, unless you hire a property manager, you are still going to have to interact on maintenance issues with your tenant. If you would like to have your lease reviewed, you can call me or make an appointment with another experienced real estate lawyer in your area.

2. Carol Anne Johnson

2

Answered . What is it you are asking here?? Do you have to make the repairs? That depends on what you agreed to do within the lease. As to going over every time the GFI resets, that may indicate an issue with the electric that you may want to have fixed, hard to say from your question.

3. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Deason's advice and if you define maintenance and repair with specific duties you may have some relief however some people are very difficult to work with and are never happy. Defining your and their roles and each other's expectations can be helpful.
    Good Luck