The suburban hotel lodging Casselberry is trying to evict us we've been here since January

Asked 5 months ago - Casselberry, FL

I was wondering do we fall under Section 509 statue or statute 83

1. Trent A Kennelly

2

Answered . There are not enough facts provided in this inquiry to be able to provide a substantive response. Please either repost this question with more information as to what kind of agreement you had with this location, whether they are intended as a hotel or a rental location, etc. Alternatively, I encourage you to contact an attorney near you to help you with this issue.

2. Carol Lynne Zimmerly

Pro

1

Answered . If you have established residency at the hotel, the sheriff's office will probably not assist in removing you unless the hotel files an eviction and obtains a Writ of Possession, in which the sheriff's office will be commanded to remove you.

Hotel guests can be removed by the sheriff's office at the request of the hotel without involving the Court system, but usually that power ends when/if the guest becomes a tenant or a non-transient. An occupant can sometimes become a tenant by demonstrating: that they have no other residence, the driver's license or state I.D. has the address of the hotel, the occupant receives mail at the hotel location, a child is registered for school using that hotel address, etc.

Different sheriff's offices in different counties will vary in their interpretation of the laws.
    If you are unsure, seek legal counsel.

3. Mark Theodore Tischhauser

Pro

1

Answered . No way to tell from the facts provided.