The state says I purchased a couple of cartons of cig 8 1/2 yrs ago. I didn't, the name on the charge is not the full name on

Trenton, NJ |

my debit card. I did not have any charge cards and to this day still don't. I showed them my full name on my accounts, and also showed my life ins policy purchased yrs ago I am a non smoker.
I also have a conversation with my debit card holder Bank of America and shows our conversation in writing stating that my card would not have been approved without the full name. But the state says because it's my address I did it and have to pay it. Can I go to court with this info and win?

1. Forgive me for being a little confused. Why has the State of New Jersey contacted you about an alleged tobacco purchase from 8 and a half years ago? Other than the requirement to pay for the things we buy, and to be of legal age to make the purchase, I can't presently understand what interest the State has regarding a few cartons of cigarettes. More information could possibly yield more appropriate advice.

Disclaimer: For a free consultation contact me directly at 973-519-0196 or adam@LefkowitzLawOffice.com. If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. Answering questions on avvo.com does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to seek and retain your own counsel. Information and answers posted to this website are for general informational purposes only.

Business topics