The state says I purchased a couple of cartons of cig 8 1/2 yrs ago. I didn't, the name on the charge is not the full name on

Asked over 1 year ago - Trenton, NJ

my debit card. I did not have any charge cards and to this day still don't. I showed them my full name on my accounts, and also showed my life ins policy purchased yrs ago I am a non smoker.
I also have a conversation with my debit card holder Bank of America and shows our conversation in writing stating that my card would not have been approved without the full name. But the state says because it's my address I did it and have to pay it. Can I go to court with this info and win?

1. Adam Lefkowitz

Answered . Forgive me for being a little confused. Why has the State of New Jersey contacted you about an alleged tobacco purchase from 8 and a half years ago? Other than the requirement to pay for the things we buy, and to be of legal age to make the purchase, I can't presently understand what interest the State has regarding a few cartons of cigarettes. More information could possibly yield more appropriate advice.