The section 8 house I'm living in was inspected and was found to have several violations. Can the landlord still collect rent?

Baltimore, MD |

She was given 30 days to make the repairs. Her 30 days will be up on June 15th. I live in the state of maryland.

1. Who gave her the 30 days? A judge? In any case, depending on the violations, the landlord can likely collect rent, but you may be entitled to a set-off of some sort for the violations. District Courts have a lot of information on landlord/tenant law; I would suggest start there and consult an attorney if you run into difficulties.

No attorney-client relationship is intended to be created by this answer. Any advice given in this answer is intended to be general advice and not an opinion on any individual case, or the merits thereof. As a matter of policy, this attorney and his firm do not accept a new client without first investigating for possible conflicts of interests and obtaining a signed engagement letter.