The Rights and Obligations of the Unmarried Mother

Asked almost 2 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

My children have always been with me but thier fatheer is always making thearts that im doing something illegal by not contacting him when they(ours Kids ) are sick but i have not been in contact with him in over 1.5 year.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Milton Acevedo

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . In order for dad to legally establish his rights he would have to file a Petition for Paternity. But, the judge may frown upon you not providing visitations should he file for visitation.

    Please be advised this is for informational purposes only based on the information you provided and should not be... more
  2. Sema Yildirim

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Is there an existing order? Is he paying child support? In any event, unless contact is harmful, you should allow time sharing and contact with their father as it may hurt you in the long run. Contact a local family law attorney
    Sema Yildirim
     Family Law Attorney 

    If you find an answer helpful or that it is the "best answer"  please mark it. All attorneys answering questions donate their time and expertise without compensation. 

    Please note that these comments are not intended as legal advice and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,984 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,984 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering