The question is can I sue my OB/GYN please read

Asked almost 2 years ago - Axton, VA

the question is if the doctor who took the mirena out of me without doing an ultrasound or anything after the hospital sent her the ct scan showing that is was perforated into my uterus can be sued. she asked me what's the problem when I came into her office that morning of the appointment and I told her it was perforated and she seemed to get upset. them she said it was an easy fix. I told her I wanted it out and she got very angry and told everyone that was with me to leave. I told her my sister was going to stay. the only thing the doctor did was pull the string. it hurt so bad I said stop as I was crying. she said hold on it is almost out. I have a scans of the scaring that she caused and proof that it was perforated 1cm when she said it was only embedded. do I have a lawsuit and if so

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . A malpractice lawyer in your state can order the medical records to review.

  2. George Costas Andriotis

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult a medical malpractice attorney to review your medical records to determine if your doctor breached the required standard of care. Best of luck.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at
  3. Guy Scott DiMartino

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Those are the exact issues and questions that you should ask a lawyer in your area. First, does he/she think that removing the IUD the way your doctor did is a deviation from the standard of care? There are some videos on Youtube explaining the proper way to remove the IUD. Second, do you have enough damages to pursue a medical malpractice claim.

    I do not not practice in VA. This information is for educational purposes.

    This information is for educational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,996 answers this week

3,375 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,996 answers this week

3,375 attorneys answering