Skip to main content

The processing times for a Canadian green card.

La Canada, CA |
Filed under: Green cards


I would like to know the processing time for a college-educated American to get a Canadian Permanent Card?

Thanks for your answer.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. The attorneys on practice US law, not Canadian law. You'll have to ask a Canadian immigration attorney or the appropriate Canadian immigration authorities because this will be an issue of Canadian law.

    If you found this answer helpful, please mark it "helpful" or "best answer." Thank you! Laura Mandell, Gingell Immigration, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-719-7209 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online: | Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. reach out to a Canadian licensed/practicing attorney

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  3. That is a question to ask a Canadian (as opposed to US) I migration attorney. Here at Avvo we all practice US I migration law and know nothing about Canadian laws.

    GOOGLE immigration. Lawyers in the Canadian city you are interested in.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  4. You would need to consult with an attorney who practices Canadian immigration law, or check with the Canadian consulate

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  5. You need to speak with an attorney who is licensed in Canada (not a US jurisdiction).

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics