The police took my ipod in relation to a a wiretap charge for recording them, if they find pictures of drugs can I get in troubl

So durning a stop my friend recorded the cops using my ipod they then took my ipod and said it was evidence for a wire tapping charge he was going to be facing. If they find pictures of drugs on it well I face additional charges?

Sterling, IL -

Barry Cahn Boykin

Barry Cahn Boykin

Family Law Attorney - Chicago, IL

Assuming that there has not yet been an arrest, you should immediately exercise your right to remain silent. You should not talk about his case with anyone--not even close friends or family members--and you should avoid posting anything online on the Internet. Your communication with a lawyer, in person and in private, is confidential and privileged. Not so, with these Avvo posts.

See links below:

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - Mokena, IL

You should refrain from discussing this incident any further online or with any friends or family. Your conversations with anyone other than a lawyer are not confidential. Go consult with one or more criminal defense lawyers and be prepared to hire one if the need arises.

Melissa I. Smejkal

Melissa I. Smejkal

Criminal Defense Attorney - Chicago, IL

Not likely. Talk to a civil rights attorney.

Paul Matthew Marriett

Paul Matthew Marriett

Criminal Defense Attorney - Rockford, IL

On the surface, it looks like the seizure of your tablet is unwarranted. I can give you a free consult on this situation as I regularly practice in Whiteside and Rock Island counties. As a precaution change all passwords of any accounts linked to that device, and don't post anything about your case, just contact an attorney.