The police took my ipod in relation to a a wiretap charge for recording them, if they find pictures of drugs can I get in troubl

Asked about 1 year ago - Sterling, IL

So durning a stop my friend recorded the cops using my ipod they then took my ipod and said it was evidence for a wire tapping charge he was going to be facing. If they find pictures of drugs on it well I face additional charges?

1. Barry Cahn Boykin

4

Answered . Assuming that there has not yet been an arrest, you should immediately exercise your right to remain silent. You should not talk about his case with anyone--not even close friends or family members--and you should avoid posting anything online on the Internet. Your communication with a lawyer, in person and in private, is confidential and privileged. Not so, with these Avvo posts.

See links below:

2. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . You should refrain from discussing this incident any further online or with any friends or family. Your conversations with anyone other than a lawyer are not confidential. Go consult with one or more criminal defense lawyers and be prepared to hire one if the need arises.

3. Melissa I. Smejkal

1

Answered . Not likely. Talk to a civil rights attorney.

4. Paul Matthew Marriett

Pro

Answered . On the surface, it looks like the seizure of your tablet is unwarranted. I can give you a free consult on this situation as I regularly practice in Whiteside and Rock Island counties. As a precaution change all passwords of any accounts linked to that device, and don't post anything about your case, just contact an attorney.