The police took my ipod in relation to a a wiretap charge for recording them, if they find pictures of drugs can I get in troubl

Asked about 1 year ago - Sterling, IL

So durning a stop my friend recorded the cops using my ipod they then took my ipod and said it was evidence for a wire tapping charge he was going to be facing. If they find pictures of drugs on it well I face additional charges?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Barry Cahn Boykin

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Assuming that there has not yet been an arrest, you should immediately exercise your right to remain silent. You should not talk about his case with anyone--not even close friends or family members--and you should avoid posting anything online on the Internet. Your communication with a lawyer, in person and in private, is confidential and privileged. Not so, with these Avvo posts.

    See links below:

    The information provided here should not be construed to be formal legal advice. The provision of this general... more
  2. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should refrain from discussing this incident any further online or with any friends or family. Your conversations with anyone other than a lawyer are not confidential. Go consult with one or more criminal defense lawyers and be prepared to hire one if the need arises.

  3. Melissa I. Smejkal

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Not likely. Talk to a civil rights attorney.

  4. Paul Matthew Marriett


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . On the surface, it looks like the seizure of your tablet is unwarranted. I can give you a free consult on this situation as I regularly practice in Whiteside and Rock Island counties. As a precaution change all passwords of any accounts linked to that device, and don't post anything about your case, just contact an attorney.

    This message does not constitute legal advice, nor does it form the basis for an attorney client relationship.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,874 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,874 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering