The plice have came to my home looking for me for a warrant for assault causes bodily injury but the charges were dropped

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

Im currently on probation deferred adjudicated but im trying to lay low until i get the money to pay for a good lawyer to get this case dismissed is there anyone that can tell me if thats a good idea or not?

1. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

7

Answered . I have changed the practice area. You need a criminal defense attorney to answer this question.

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

7

Answered . If they have a warrant for you, the charges weren't dropped. People often think the complaining witness gets to "drop the charges," but it is really up to the State. You are definitely going to need an attorney to handle this. If you are on probation, you are going to be arrested the next time you report. There will also be a probation violation filed and a warrant issued on that case. Most of us offer free consultations. I would start calling around now, so you know how much you need to save up for your down payment.

3. Terrence Marc Rubino

Pro

7

Answered . it's unclear exactly what the situation is for you but as a general rule you will always be better cooperating with the law enforcement authorities. you really need to get ahold of a dallas criminal defense lawyer. if you do not know of one, your local county bar association will have a referral list. word of mouth is always a good source also. good luck.

4. John M. Cromwell

Pro

7

Answered . No lawyer, certainly not on a public forum like this, will advise you to intentionally evade the police. Hire a local criminal defense attorney ASAP.

5. Timothy Leo Bowden

5

Answered . you need to communicate with a criminal defense attorney local who is part of this program asap.

Pro

5

Answered . Have a local criminal lawyer find out if there is still a warrant, and follow your lawyer's advice.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com