The pictures of me with my wife to be included in my marriage-based AOS package can be black and white photocopies?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

Or those should be actual colored photos on photo-paper? Because I have none of the pictures in physical. All of them are in our laptop.

Similarly, the physical mail that me and my wife have received in our individual and collective names on our home address, if I want to attach those mails as evidence, do I need to attach the actual mail with the package or just the photocopies of their envelopes would be enough?

Lastly, do I need to take photocopy of all pages of my passport, although my passport is brand new and I have U.S. port of entry stamps on just one page of the passport. Rest of the passport is blank.

P.S: I'm already in the U.S. and I'm filing for my AOS in the U.S.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Color copies of photos are not required but look nice and clean.
    Copies of mail and envelopes are sufficient but bring originals to interview for comparison.
    Submit copies of any passport pages that have any stamp/visa/info of any kind. Bring original to interview.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  2. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . 1) Print color pictures and send them along with the application.
    2) Photocopies of the documents are to be sent.
    3) Send a complete copy of the passport; including blank pages.
    Assuming this is a USC IR petition.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
  3. Megan Viehe

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Printing them in black and white is fine. I usually write the date on them also.

    Don't worry about copying every page of your passport.

    Bring the mail to the interview, not the envelopes.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,855 answers this week

2,901 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,855 answers this week

2,901 attorneys answering