The penalty for failure to appear On a non payable speeding ticket. Thanks

Asked over 1 year ago - Warrenton, NC

Call DMV in North Carolina failure to appear on speeding ticket in 2008 same residential address received no notification court appearance date as to date was placed on a national drive list by state of North Carolina for failure to appear once I was denied the renewal of my Maryland license
have contacted courts in rescheduled
for a court appearance Help!!!!
Thanks

1. Fred B. Amos II

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your best course of action is to hire a traffic attorney in the county where your ticket was issued, which would appear to be Warren County. You will not be able to get your license until you have taken care of the old ticket or tickets. You also need to pay the fines and court costs involved. A good traffic attorney can look at your old ticket, your driving record, etc. and hopefully handle the speeding ticket in a manner that will not affect your insurance rates, i.e. plead you to a non-moving violation such as improper equipment. This will depend on how traffic matters are typically handled in Warren County. An attorney may also be able to get the court to waive the FTA fee. Good luck to you.

2. F. "Bill" William Powers

Pro

5

Answered . Failure to appear on a traffic citation can result in several different things. The most obvious is a license suspension and the associated FTA fee. There may also be restoration fees with the department of transportation/division of motor vehicles.

Some traffic citations are criminal offenses. In certain circumstances, a failure to appear can also result in an order for arrest.

Either way, it would be wise to speak with an experienced criminal/traffic attorney.

Try giving these folks a call: http://www.banzetlaw.com/

We're not affiliated with them in any way. Please tell them I said hello.

Bill Powers