The other car rear-ended me while we were waiting at a stop sign.

Asked over 1 year ago - College Station, TX

The other car rear - ended me 5 days back while I with my infant daughter was waiting at a stop sign . He asked me not to call the cops and that we would settle this on our own . I have his information ( i . e . Driver's License info , Insurance info ) . But after I sent him the repair estimate , he backed out . I contacted his insurance and my insurance . At the time of getting the estimate , the repair guy at the body shop told me that if I go through insurance , they would total my car . Now I am worried that the body repair workshop assigned by the insurance company may also advise to total the car . Because of all the harassment and inconvenience , I now want to file a police complain . How do I do that in Texas . Also am i eligible to get the state tax and registration money on new car . Please help ! !

1. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

8

Answered . Find a form for the Texas crash report on line, fill it out, and send it in. When your car it totaled, you get the value of the car before it was totaled, not the cost to replace it. So tax and registration are not available. If you were hurt, be sure to seek medical treatment and retain a lawyer.

Pro

6

Answered . Fill this out: http://www.txdot.gov/txdot_library/drivers_vehi...

3. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with Attorney Arbuckle.