The office wrote on my ticket that it was fixable when I went to court they said it was not. Is that a reason for dismissed.

Westminster, CA |

The officer wrote me a ticket for 12505(c) driving in CA without CA license and wrote it was fixable. When I went to the court to pay they told me if was not fixable and the officer made a mistake. Is this a valid reason for dismissal?

VC 12500 is a lesser charge that pertains to driving without a valid license. Most often, I see the officer will write the ticket as a Misdemanor. However, most often the courts in Orange County will reduce the charge to an Infraction with a fine upon presentation of a Valid License.

The violation 12505(c) pertains to residency and the requirement of obtaining a license within 10 days of establishing residency.. Even so, I do not believe the mere fact that the officer stated it is fixable which it is not will be grounds for dismissal.

Should I be of further assistance, please contact myself.

Richard Grant
Criminal, DUI & Traffic Attorney
949- 582-9394

Legal disclaimer: Please note that this answer/response does not constitute legal advice of any kind or manner. It is merely intended to provide general information for purposes to aid the poster in finding answers to the question preseented. This answer/response does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind or manner.

Do I have any chance of it being changed to fixable or will I have to pay the higher fine?

No- you need to get your CA drivers license. Once you get that the ticket can be dealt with. An attorney can help get this reduced.

Andrew Roberts
(818) 597-0633