The office wrote on my ticket that it was fixable when I went to court they said it was not. Is that a reason for dismissed.

Asked about 2 years ago - Westminster, CA

The officer wrote me a ticket for 12505(c) driving in CA without CA license and wrote it was fixable. When I went to the court to pay they told me if was not fixable and the officer made a mistake. Is this a valid reason for dismissal?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Richard Lewis Grant

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . VC 12500 is a lesser charge that pertains to driving without a valid license. Most often, I see the officer will write the ticket as a Misdemanor. However, most often the courts in Orange County will reduce the charge to an Infraction with a fine upon presentation of a Valid License.

    The violation 12505(c) pertains to residency and the requirement of obtaining a license within 10 days of establishing residency.. Even so, I do not believe the mere fact that the officer stated it is fixable which it is not will be grounds for dismissal.

    Should I be of further assistance, please contact myself.

    Richard Grant
    Criminal, DUI & Traffic Attorney
    949- 582-9394

    Legal disclaimer: Please note that this answer/response does not constitute legal advice of any kind or manner. It... more
  2. David Jon Pullman

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No.

  3. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No- you need to get your CA drivers license. Once you get that the ticket can be dealt with. An attorney can help get this reduced.

    Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,614 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,614 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary