The non custodial parent and I have joint custody I have primary physical.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Simpsonville, SC

The NC has not had visitation as is stated on the agreement . Sometimes only having 2 night visits a month. He has remarried and is supporting her 2 children with time and money. I want to get our custody agreement changed and want to know how to go about this.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . An agreement can be modified by bringing a petition/motion for modification based on a material or substantial change in circumstances.

    I truly wish you the best.

    If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

Related Topics

Physical custody

Physical custody means the parent that the child lives with. Most parents have joint custody, but depending on the circumstances a court may award sole custody.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,200 answers this week

2,235 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,200 answers this week

2,235 attorneys answering