Skip to main content

The new ohio law drug paraphernalia from a M4 to a minor misdemeanor is it retroactive?

Hamilton, OH |

In the state of Ohio ORC 2925.141 decimalization the use of drug paraphernalia from a M4 to a minor misdemeanor. If a juvenile on June 4,2012 was found guilty of Drug paraphernalia ORC 2925.14 M4. Would the new law be retroactive and cancel his probation

Attorney Answers 2


No. The law is retroactive but only as to offenses committed prior to the effective date of September 28th, 2012 that an individual hasn't been convicted of yet. Since the juvenile is already convicted the change in law doesn't help. Sorry.

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You could ask to have it reopened and changed, but that would require hiring a lawyer. A pubilc defender won't be able to help with that. There is no certainty that it can be done, but it is at least worth getting a free consultation with a lawyer to check on.

In some ways, because juvenile records are confidential, it doesn't matter as much as it would with an adult.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

Thank you.

--- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin

--- Facebook Page

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police:

Mark as helpful

Juvenile law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics