The new law allows HOA and Condo Association to collect fees from renter or evict them

Asked almost 4 years ago - Orlando, FL

This law is so wrong. If you take a look at the Fair Debt Practices Act this law violates several provisions of this law. Contacting a third party and disclosing how much debt you owe. Harrassing your tenant by sending letters and visitng their residence over and over again. Thats what happened to me and I am losing my tenant. My solution contact the Florida Bar and file a complaint. The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act is a federal law that supercedes state law. Your thoughts.

1. Jacob J Linhart

Answered . You can certainly file suit challenging this new law. I have responded to a number of queries concerning this law recently and I believe that it will be challenged soon. I agree with you that it appears that it may violate the FDCPA.

DISCLAIMER: This answer given is for general information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship exists or is intended. If you have additional questions concerning this matter you may feel free to contact me at the Law Offices of Jacob J. Linhart, P.A., (561) 632-6982 or Jacob@LinhartLaw.com.