The mother of my child died do I get custody?

Hammond, LA |

I when and got my son from his great grandmothers house two weeks after his mother died some people are telling me I still have to go to court for legal custody that right now I don't have custody but she died two years ago and he has lived with me since

Are you on the birth certificate as the father? Were you married to the mother? Is there a child custody order in place? Did the mother have a Will when she died?

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create, an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Louisiana. Responses are based solely on Louisiana law unless stated otherwise

not on birth certificate,never married,,,family acknowledges me as father ....need your info

Bryan Grant Jeansonne

Bryan Grant Jeansonne

phone (225) 387-5005, email bryan@cdjslaw.com

Child custody topics