The monthly rent for store is 975.00 a month.Contract states Tenant's fractional Share at 5.5% of building.

Pittsfield, MA |

Increased insurance cost, real estate tax, Water and sewer. Is this 5.5% extra to be added to monthly rent?

With commercial tenancies, the answer typically is yes, insurance, taxes, utilities, etc. are shared expenses. But, you would have to look to the terms of your lease and discuss how you are to be billed for these items with your landlord. Commercial tenancies are much more flexible in terms of what and how the burden for expenses like you have mentioned can be shouldered by the tenant.

This "answer" is for information purposes only and is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship.

Depends on the wording of the lease, though generally it's an add on. I would be happy to review the lease and discuss this with you free if charge. My number is 413-442-6031. Thanks.

Sorry, but the only way to know is to see the lease.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant