The judge over ruled that he pays back child support but can she do that

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

My ex and i been seperated since sept 2011 and we were back together may 2012 but then file a divorce on may 2012 a week after coming back, we had a bench trail and the judge did not let him pay back child support, is that right or can she do that

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Martha Nan Akers

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The Judge has wide discretion in matters involving children. Without more information, it is impossible to determine whether the judge abused her discretion.

  2. Adam Kielich

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . The judge did not let him pay prior child support or the judge did not order it?

  3. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . What was the evidence?

Related Topics

Nondischargeable debt and child support

Child support is a nondischargeable debt in bankruptcy. Back child support will remain even after bankruptcy, regardless of the chapter.

Gail A Balser

Not All Debts are Dischargeable

Not All Debts are Dischargeable Before filing for bankruptcy, it is important for debtors to understand that not all types of debt are eligible for discharge in bankruptcy. These debts... more

    Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

    Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


    Ask now

    27,110 answers this week

    3,142 attorneys answering

    Ask a Lawyer

    Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

    • It's FREE
    • It's easy
    • It's anonymous

    27,110 answers this week

    3,142 attorneys answering