The Judge just ordered my husband to pay me support because he beat me so bad that I can't work and have to under go another

surgery. Do I have to pay taxes on that support because he injured me. I was working with no physical problems before he beat me up.

Los Angeles, CA -

Find Out More

Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

Family Law Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

If what you're receiving is "spousal support", and not repayment of your medical bills, loss of past earnings, etc., then it's taxable to you. Take the court's order to a tax preparer or accountant to make sure.

Stephen Ross Cohen

Stephen Ross Cohen

Family Law Attorney - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I agree with Richard, but that does not prevent you from suing him for assault and battery. I do both personal injury and family law.

Joseph Torri

Joseph Torri

Alimony Lawyer - Irvine, CA

I agree with my colleagues. Consult a certified public accountant and a personal injury attorney.