The Judge just ordered my husband to pay me support because he beat me so bad that I can't work and have to under go another

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

surgery. Do I have to pay taxes on that support because he injured me. I was working with no physical problems before he beat me up.

1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

5

Answered . If what you're receiving is "spousal support", and not repayment of your medical bills, loss of past earnings, etc., then it's taxable to you. Take the court's order to a tax preparer or accountant to make sure.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . I agree with Richard, but that does not prevent you from suing him for assault and battery. I do both personal injury and family law.

3. Joseph Torri

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Consult a certified public accountant and a personal injury attorney.