The IRS gave me a temporary revenue number to file my taxes however when i try to file it the number did not work

Asked over 1 year ago - Jamaica, NY

what should i do because i use a tax software online and did the tax. i change one digit in the temporary number they gave me for it to work, when i submit to the IRS its came back with a rejection notice that someone else file using the number that i change around. what should i do. thanks in advance

1. John P Fazzio III

Pro

3

1

Answered . Call (800) 829-1040. They will help you get it fixed.

2. Linda Simmons Campbell

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . You will need to call the IRS again and tell them you are having a problem with the number that they gave you. You may have written the number down wrong or they may have given you an incorrect number. Either way you will need to call them again to straighten it out. You do not want to use the wrong number.