The interview

Filed under: Immigration

my interview will be in guatemala city, since i have to leave the country and wait there for the result. Does my husband has to be present at that interview or its just for me?

We need more facts to answer. Is this a marriage petition. If yes, they usually do not require the presence of the husband. But having him by your side gives more weight to the case.

Good Luck
Shah Peerally
Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief

37600 Central Ct, Ste 201, Newark CA 94560
Phone: 510.742.5887

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act based solely on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

If you are in the U.S. without authorization, then leaving for your interview could trigger a 3 or 10 year inadmissibility bar. Waivers are available but difficult to obtain because of the legal requirement to show extreme hardship to a qualifying family member. Before making any decisions on how to proceed, I strongly advise you to consult with an immigration lawyer that is very experienced with family based immigration and waivers.

Scott D. Pollock
Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
105 W. Madison, Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 444-1940
fax: (312) 444-1950

Please visit our renovated website at, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features.

Recommended articles about Immigration