The interest rate on my car loan is much higher than what was on the contract. Can I cancel the contract?

Asked about 1 year ago - Riverside, CA

Can I cancel the contract even if it means i have to return the car. I have had the car for about 7 months

1. Simon Goldenberg

Pro

Answered . Some states have a minimum cooling off period that allows a small period of time for a consumer to return certain items for a refund. The span of time is usually 3 or 5 days. It may be hard to support your position to cancel the contract when you have been aware of the issue for such a period of time and have benefited from the use of the chattel, which is now presumably depreciated. I think the relief that you should be seeking would be to enforce the terms of the contract to which you actually agreed. You should speak to a consumer lawyer in your jurisdiction. There may be laws in your state, in addition to federal laws, in place to protect you from this kind of activity.