The inter spousal transfer deed was forged. I signed grant deed to put house in husbands name under false pretenses.

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

The inter spousal transfer deed was forged. I signed grant deed to put house in husbands name under false pretenses and realized it and refused to sign inter spousal transfer deed. Unknowingly, the inter spousal transfer deed was forged and refinance went through. Is this illegal? What do I do now?

1. Maxwell Nnamdi Njelita

Answered . You should really consult a lawyer about this. But what you might want to do is file a quiet tItle lawsuit to cancel the deeds and have your name put back on title to the home. As to the refinance loan, unless the lender knew of the forgery, you may not be able to rescind (undo) the loan, because, among other reasons, you are not on the note presumably and the lender has given value that would be difficult to return to the lender.