The insurance from car that impacted mine will not cover the damages made to my car. Is there anything that i could do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bell Gardens, CA

I have Alliance United insurance and my aunt who is also included in the insurance was driving the car on an early morning when a car hit her while she was waiting for the red signal light to turn green. The driver that impacted my aunt was neither insured nor included in the insurance that the car has. The insurance that the car has said that their is nothing they could do since the driver was not and is not included in the insurance of the car.

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

12

Answered . If you have collision coverage your own insurance will pay for the damage to your car and your carrier will pursue its subrogation rights against the at fault driver and/or owner. If there is recovery on that claim, you may even get your deductible paid.

If you do not have collision coverage, your option is to sue the driver and owner of the vehicle for property damage unless one or the other will voluntarily pay for your damages. Good luck.

2. Barry P. Goldberg

Pro

12

Answered . Your question really has several phases. First, I am assuming that you do not have collision coverage ---otherwise, you would be covered. You must file a DMV firm SR-1 right away. Follow up with an SR-19 firm 45 days later. This will both definitively search for insurance coverage AND punish the uninsured driver by suspending his license for one year.
    If you maintain uninsured motorist coverage, you would have to follow this procedure to secure coverage anyway.
    You should consult with an attorney on this.
    Good luck!

3. Asmik Jasmine Gevorkyan

11

Answered . File a claim with your own insurance. If you had uninsured motorist coverage your car as well as your aunt's personal injuries could be covered under your UM coverage. Consult with an attorney also. Good luck.

Jasmine Gevorkyan.

4. Sean Michael Patrick

10

Answered . If you were not at fault, immediately consult a personal injury attorney in your area to pursue a negligence claim. Best of luck.

Pro

11

Answered . Report this to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  6. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

6

Answered . When the driver of a vehicle hit by another driver and that other driver's insurance company denies coverage or gives some excuse as to why it does not have to pay, that insurance company may not be telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Insurance companies don't make money by paying out on every possible claim. They make money by not paying out on claims. Because insurance policies vary, and the laws that govern insurance carriers are complex, and because things are not always as they seem, a personal injury attorney is often necessary to sort out who can, should, and will pay.

-Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

7. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

7

Answered . If the driver was driving with the permission of the owner, there should be coverage even if not specifically named.

8. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

3

Answered . You should consult with a local personal injury attorney to review your case and advise accordingly.

One or more answers have been taken down.