The IJ terminated my removal proceedings due to a failure to prosecute, no MH rescheduled after 8 months. What should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Meadville, PA

I filed the I-589 with USCIS, got the biometrics and interview done. They referred me to IC. I went to the MH, the judge told me DHS didn't file the NTA with the court, therefore, there is no charges against me. He excused me and said a new MH will be rescheduled when DHS will file the NTA with the court, and I will be notified by mail. After 8 months now, I am still waiting. The EOIR says the IJ closed my case due to failure to prosecute, no hearing date scheduled.
Is it normal? I use to be in contact with a pro bono clinic but they are overwhelmed and don't even answer my mails anymore. Please HELP me. Any advice? I do have a miserable life. Thank you

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

1

Best Answer

Answered . File another I-589 with the USCIS.

2. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

9

Answered . There is a list of non-profit organizations that you should have been given when you got your NTA. Contact them and discuss your case with them. Have you filed an EAD yet? At least you could probably get work authorization while you wait to see the IJ

3. Ivan A Guerrero

5

1

Answered . You really need to have an attorney review your case. From you have told us I will recommend you have an attorney contact ICE and EOIR to see what happen to your case. You should be able to obtain work authorization in the meantime.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . An attorney needs to contact ICE, not the EOIR.

Be careful what you ask for ...you might get it and not be happy with the outcome.

If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/