The I-751 process and good faith marriage

Asked over 1 year ago - Waco, TX

I am stuck in a dilemma where I do not have any proof of bonafide marriage and it seems like I am going to end up in front of the judge. I did enter the marriage in good faith except that we did not live with my ex wife for too long and I did not get a chance to obtain joint documents. I did not provide anything to the uscis when trying to remove the waiver, and now I am in removal proceedings. Am I going to lose my green card through the immigration judge because I do not have anything to provide for him or her either and my wife assumed that I married her for the green card and she said last year that she reported me to immigration. Will the uscis provide her accounts to the judge (her report).Have you had anyone pass through the immigration judge without any proof of bonfide marriage.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . You need a consultation with an attorney not a post on this forum. The general answer, if you cannot convince relevant individuals your marriage was not spurious you will lose your status and IJ will have very shaky grounds to rule in your favor.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . While you may have been "legally" married, if you do not live together you are not considered married for the purpose of "immigration" benefits. Further, you must be able to prove that you had a legitimate marriage. If you cannot, it is likely you will go before the Immigration Judge.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . To prevail, you must prove that your marriage was bona fide.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.