The Florida DIV mailed me a letter on Feb 4th , 2013 revoking my license for one year for a DUI conviction in Virginia .

Sebastian, FL |

This conviction supposedly took place on Sept 2 , 1993 . ( Date is not a typing error ) . I have never had a DUI in Virginia or any other state . Virginia sent a Clearance Letter by fax to them yesterday and again today ( again because the DMV gave me a wrong number . Am now being told it may take 10 days . We are assuming that they have the fax . No way to confirm . Whatever happened to due process ? No crime yet I am being punished and the supervisor ( Jeremiah ) could care less . I recently moved back to Fl and don't know the neighbors yet . My wife is still in IL and I am stranded with no drivers license . I know mistakes happen but it is the attitude and lack of expediency when I have been victimized . I have adjudged guilty without arrest , arraignment or conviction and nobody cares .

My goodness. Sorry to hear that you're going through this - I hate when I hear stories like this. The only thing I can suggest is to cotnact the Virgina version of DMV, and ask to speak to a supervisor. Otherwise, you're looking at hiring an attorney, who might not have any better luck at obtaining faster results. Totally ridiculous. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

You need to contact an attorney in Florida that handles DMV administration issues. There are several in the Sebastian area that can help you. If this is a case of mistaken identity there are somethings you will have to do. In the meantime, you may be able to apply for a review hearing to determine the validity of your suspension. Call a lawyer today.

it looks like you have taken the necessary steps to address this problem, i.e. the "Clearance Letter," from VA. I would contact the DMV in Tallahassee, and speak to a supervisor who can get to the bottom of this. Since you have a clearance letter from VA that shows no DUI there then you should be OK to get your DL reinstated on this error.