Skip to main content

The Florida DIV mailed me a letter on Feb 4th , 2013 revoking my license for one year for a DUI conviction in Virginia .

Sebastian, FL |

This conviction supposedly took place on Sept 2 , 1993 . ( Date is not a typing error ) . I have never had a DUI in Virginia or any other state . Virginia sent a Clearance Letter by fax to them yesterday and again today ( again because the DMV gave me a wrong number . Am now being told it may take 10 days . We are assuming that they have the fax . No way to confirm . Whatever happened to due process ? No crime yet I am being punished and the supervisor ( Jeremiah ) could care less . I recently moved back to Fl and don't know the neighbors yet . My wife is still in IL and I am stranded with no drivers license . I know mistakes happen but it is the attitude and lack of expediency when I have been victimized . I have adjudged guilty without arrest , arraignment or conviction and nobody cares .

Attorney Answers 3


My goodness. Sorry to hear that you're going through this - I hate when I hear stories like this. The only thing I can suggest is to cotnact the Virgina version of DMV, and ask to speak to a supervisor. Otherwise, you're looking at hiring an attorney, who might not have any better luck at obtaining faster results. Totally ridiculous. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You need to contact an attorney in Florida that handles DMV administration issues. There are several in the Sebastian area that can help you. If this is a case of mistaken identity there are somethings you will have to do. In the meantime, you may be able to apply for a review hearing to determine the validity of your suspension. Call a lawyer today.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


it looks like you have taken the necessary steps to address this problem, i.e. the "Clearance Letter," from VA. I would contact the DMV in Tallahassee, and speak to a supervisor who can get to the bottom of this. Since you have a clearance letter from VA that shows no DUI there then you should be OK to get your DL reinstated on this error.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics