The first time i seen him 2005 not sure on the date of my surgry but jan 2009 the earlest time i seen last seen march 2 2009

Asked over 4 years ago - Mechanicsville, VA

is it to late to sew him

1. James Robert Parrish

Pro

Answered . I agree with the other responding attorneys in that this situation is far too complex to answer in this forum.
    However, as general information, in Virginia, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to sue a person for damages. In a medical malpractice situation, that 2 year period can be extended by the "continuing treatment rule," which basically means that the statute of limitations does not begin to run until you stop treating with the medical provider who caused the injury.
    I strongly encourage you to contact an experienced malpractice attorney as soon as possible, so that you can get accurate answers to your questions before any claim you may have is barred by the lapse of time.
    The author of this answer is licensed to practice law in Virginia. This answer is intended only as general information and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Joseph A Blaszkow

Answered . Your post is too sketchy on details to give you an answer specific to the facts of your case. In general, in Virginia, the statute of limitations applicable to personal injury cases is two years. This includes medical malpractice cases. Virginia also applies a "continuing negligent treatement" rule, so that, the two year period will often not begin to run until the doctor-patient relationship terminates. If you want more information related to your specific case, you should contact an attorney.
    The author of this post is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Your situation is too involved for an online answer.

Using the written documentation you have is a good place to begin. Contact a local lawyer - many may give you a free consultation - to discuss your specifics. Far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me. Many attorneys have information posted here on Avvo.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details. Act quickly because if you miss a statute of limitation time period your rights are gone forever.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This observation is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.