The father of my children owe $17,000 or a littler bit more on child support, I do not working since 1996. Because the syndrome

Asked over 1 year ago - Deltona, FL

Of my daughter I have to stay in home with her , then my son born in 1999 with epilepsy and others limitation that push me to let him on home schooling . I have a hearing because the father want a modification of child support and his lawyer ask to child support to ask me for copies of Income tax return for the past 2 years and pays tubs for the last 3 months copies of vehicle tiles and deed of any real estate bank accounts , I do not working since 1996 Can you tells me if this is right because why I understood my husband money do not count on this or the law change and now start counting tells me what I need to produce to child support office , he is not spending any time with his children because the Judge order him to have visitation with supervision on 11 / 2012 he don't came to visit one

Additional information

If I do not working since 1996 what kind of documents I need to show I always show the Financial Affidavit with 0 on Gross Income.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Amanda Salcido


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Even if you don't have an income, you will still need to file a short form financial affidavit. Your ex-husband has a right to request a modification if his circumstances have changed. For example, if he is making less money he can request a modification.

  2. Heather Morcroft

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Child support and visitation are not related to one another. Child support is required of whomever is liable for it regardless of whether or not they exercise or are permitted visitation; likewise visitation cannot be denied if it is ordered just because someone is not paying child support. The documents being requested are mandatory discovery documents required by the statute.

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,047 answers this week

2,891 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,047 answers this week

2,891 attorneys answering