Skip to main content

The executor of our parents' will is having trouble getting the job done....

Gary, IN |

Our parents' estate was left to their children, and the trust/will states that all assets were to be divided equally. This is proving to be a difficult task for the executor (a relative). What sort of expert would be able to help us with this?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. The executor should have an attorney that should be assisting.
    If the job is not getting -you need to hire an attorney to push for the executor's
    Maybe your attorney could write a letter pointing out the shortcomings.

    The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

  2. The executor should have a lawyer. If he/she does or doesn't, you may hire an attorney to compel his action or removal.

    This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website:

  3. The execcutor needs a capable probate attorney. If that is not the case, or if the executor is just neglecting his or her duties, the beneficaries should hire there own attorney to push matters along.

Wills topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics