The Drinking Driver Monitor Program MD, division of MD Parole and Probation, is it over on the date or do I get discharged?

Asked about 2 years ago - Bethesda, MD

I've been on a low-level of supervised status for years. i've completed all of my requirements, paid my fees off very early and I haven't violated once. So, what happens now? Do I just go see my Monitor and get discharge papers? What if they don't process the paperwork required? Does anything official happen to let me know that I am no longer on probation?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Mark William Oakley

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Your original sentencing order from the judge spell out the period of probation. The DDMP cannot extend that supervision period. Your probation and any monitoring under DDMP terminates as of the last day of your probation. Your monitor also may instruct you to reduce or cease your reporting to them before the end of probation, but that is up to them.

  2. Warren E Tydings Jr

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . I agree with the first answer. However, it would be interesting to know when you probation period ends. If it is not coming up, you can apply for an early termination by Motion to the sentencing judge. As an aside, be aware that, although unsettled, most MD jurisdictions allow a violation of probation for anything done, or not done, during probation to be filed by your agent within 30 days of the end date.

    This response is based on information provided. Many variables may exist that can only be addressed in an... more

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Probation for DUI

DUI probation is intended to deter future drunk driving by establishing conditions that the offender must follow or face further punishment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,462 answers this week

3,380 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,462 answers this week

3,380 attorneys answering