The Drinking Driver Monitor Program MD, division of MD Parole and Probation, is it over on the date or do I get discharged?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bethesda, MD

I've been on a low-level of supervised status for years. i've completed all of my requirements, paid my fees off very early and I haven't violated once. So, what happens now? Do I just go see my Monitor and get discharge papers? What if they don't process the paperwork required? Does anything official happen to let me know that I am no longer on probation?

1. Mark William Oakley

Answered . Your original sentencing order from the judge spell out the period of probation. The DDMP cannot extend that supervision period. Your probation and any monitoring under DDMP terminates as of the last day of your probation. Your monitor also may instruct you to reduce or cease your reporting to them before the end of probation, but that is up to them.

2. Warren E Tydings Jr

Answered . I agree with the first answer. However, it would be interesting to know when you probation period ends. If it is not coming up, you can apply for an early termination by Motion to the sentencing judge. As an aside, be aware that, although unsettled, most MD jurisdictions allow a violation of probation for anything done, or not done, during probation to be filed by your agent within 30 days of the end date.