The discrimination was in 2005 is it to late for a sue?

Dayton, OH |

I and my sister applied to Ohio Northern University in 2005, got interviewed for pharmacy school with the assistant dean. after interview emailed the dean to thank him for the interview. His reply was " Stay optimistic, but remember that a lot of stars will have to align in the right direction in order for you to be accepted into our program. I did enjoy meeting both of you. Best wishes."
we both still have the email, till today it still hurts. do we have a case?

1. You didn't have a claim then, and you don't have one now. Universities and colleges are not required by law to admit all applicants. You had a case only if you were denied admission based on a protected characteristic or classification such as race or religion. There is no evidence of that basis for denial of admission of you and/or your sister, so you did not have claim even before the time limits elapsed. But in all events, the time limits for brining a legal action have long since passed.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

2. Nothing in your post gives even a hint as to the type of discrimination you believe was involved. Based on your post, it does not appear that you were discriminated against. Even if you were, the claim is, in all likelihood, time-barred.