The discrimination was in 2005 is it to late for a sue?

Asked 12 months ago - Dayton, OH

I and my sister applied to Ohio Northern University in 2005, got interviewed for pharmacy school with the assistant dean. after interview emailed the dean to thank him for the interview. His reply was " Stay optimistic, but remember that a lot of stars will have to align in the right direction in order for you to be accepted into our program. I did enjoy meeting both of you. Best wishes."
we both still have the email, till today it still hurts. do we have a case?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . You didn't have a claim then, and you don't have one now. Universities and colleges are not required by law to admit all applicants. You had a case only if you were denied admission based on a protected characteristic or classification such as race or religion. There is no evidence of that basis for denial of admission of you and/or your sister, so you did not have claim even before the time limits elapsed. But in all events, the time limits for brining a legal action have long since passed.

2. Mishka L Marshall

Pro

2

Answered . Nothing in your post gives even a hint as to the type of discrimination you believe was involved. Based on your post, it does not appear that you were discriminated against. Even if you were, the claim is, in all likelihood, time-barred.