The dentist who did my dentures messed them up what can I do

Asked about 5 years ago - Vermilion, OH

Im 24 and due to family health problems I had to have all my teeth taken out and get dentures. I went to a dentist that caresource covers and recived my dentures. I am now haveing problems with them {ex: they are to big and they don't fit right. I can't eat with them in either b/c they loose the suction and fall out} I have gone back to the dentist to have them fixed but she keeps saying that its me not the dentures. I have called caresource and they told me that the dentist has to fix them and I have even talked to a person hire up they the dentist and she said she would tolk to the dentist but nothing has been done yet. I am really upset that as a 24 y/o i have to walk around with no teeth and its caused a lot of problems within my family. What can I do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lars A. Lundeen


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . As I am licensed in Florida and Vermont, I cannot offer you specific legal advice as to Ohio state law. However, generally, given that you have already given them an opportunity to correct his problem and they haven't, I would suggest that you file a complaint with the state agency which oversees dentists in your state.

  2. Michael J. Helfand

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . There should be a way for you to get a second opinion. If you have to get them redone you may be able to recover the amount of money it will cost, if it was done incorrectly the first time. They will probably argue that it’s just one of the risks of getting dentures. You will have to prove that the dentist was negligent. Sometimes it helps to hire an attorney to deal with insurance companies. You should be able to consult with someone for free. If you cannot afford an attorney, there are organizations that provide legal assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,552 answers this week

2,725 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,552 answers this week

2,725 attorneys answering