The date of my last arrival doesn't match my I-94 card. What date and place of arrival should I use?

Dallas, TX |

I am applying for AOS through I-130 and I-485
I am on my OPT year....
I travelled to Mexico using "visa revalidation" since I was only gone for 4 days.
11/22/2013 - 11/25/2013

The immigration officer did not remove my I-94 card.

When filling out the I-130 and I-485....
Do I use the information from the I-94 card in my passport as the date and place of my last arrival?
Or do I use the date / place of arrival from the Mexico trip I recently took even though it doesn't match my I-94?

1. The true date and place of your last arrival. Questions on immigration forms and before immigration officers must be answered truthfully.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. I agree with my colleague. The most important thing is to be honest on the forms you fill out. So despite not having a new I-94 I would use the date you entered the US from Mexico. My best advice is to consult an attorney to help you prepare the forms necessary for the green card application.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. The one on which you actually arrived.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. The truth shall always prevail.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.