Skip to main content

The custodian parent and I filed agreed order,stating all support is current.we were give a court date.what should I expect?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Child support

The case is in Chicago, we do not owe state
The child is 23, court date is Nov 4
thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you wish to have an agreed order entered, the judge will enter it unless there is some reason why it should not be entered. Be prepared with a draft order to hand to the judge for his or her signature.


If you both agree then write up an agreed order stating you owe no back support and you are current. Be sure you both sin this agreed order and the judge will enter it if you are both in court.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer