The court ordered my husband to return the van to me, One month later we still have no van. Can he be held in contempt

Camdenton, MO |

The van is a 2005 with a few problems. He bought the van for us. He does construction work. He has a GMC truck and a 1995 Toyota with 2007,000 miles on it. It has lots of problems..oil, transmission, you can't lock the doors because he broke the locking handle and a back glass in it. You have to keep the front window rolled down halfway in order to reach inside to open it.. When you open the front door, the whole inside of the door falls out. This is the car me and my 14 yr old daughter are using. An attorney is involved, but I'm getting very frustrated, especially when my husband wants a divorce so he has the freedom to date, I had started with a legal separation in hopes of counseling through. Divorce has never my intent. So much for that.

Why would you spend one minute and one dollar seeking the return or possession of a vehicle that appears to require more repair than it's worth. Perhaps your attorney is trying to tell you this already. Please take a deep breath and if your desire to act toward the van is for any reason but to provide for your children.....let it go.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.