The cops said a ci made a controlled buy from me. when searching my home they found some drugs. they said that the recorder the

Minneapolis, MN |

ci was wearing didnt work. they found no buy money. i didnt give anybody anything personally. how does the MDI work if the ci no longer wants to testify because they may have stolen what they say was sold by me or their case is over? how long can they hold me without letting me cross examine the ci? i still have not given a statement.

Unfortunately most people facing charges or search warrants based on information provided by confidential informants never find out who the confidential informant actually is. However, because the officers found drugs while conducting the search warrant you will probably still be charged.

This is a very serious situation and you need to sit down with a criminal defense attorney in your area, such as myself. Avvo Is a fantastic questions and answers forum for basic and general questions. However, this is not a simple situation you need an attorney to repersent you.

Please feel free to contact our office for an initial consultation at no cost if you would like to talk about your case further. 612-217-0077

This information is general in nature. You should not rely on this information as legal advice, as each case is unique. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are in need of legal advice concerning a particular matter, you are encouraged to contact us at your earliest convenience.

You need to get legal representation immediately. If you can not afford private counsel, you should contact the public defender's office in your jurisdiction. This is the only way to ensure that you're rights are protected.

These cases are procedurally different than other cases and require that your attorney file particular motions to litigate issues on the confidential informant and their identity.

Going through a serious situation pro se (without counsel) is suicide. The only result I have EVER seen for someone pro se is a conviction and often prison time.

I have handled numerous cases with CI's. If I can be of assistance, please give me a call. 612-810-0060

Lauren

In a post-search, pre-charge situation, whatever evidence they have, they have. Since that is beyond control now, it is unwise to focus upon it. The important thing to focus on is making sure that no more evidence is provided in the future. The most valuable evidence is a statement from the suspect or the accused, especially one made to police. A statement is word, or even communicative conduct, perceived by police or others. That should be avoided. Should you lawyer up? Might be a good idea.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Probable cause for a charge can be supported by information from a confidential reliable informant. Your attorney may file motions seeking to acquire informatoin related to the basis for probable cause. In somes instances, that information is never fully acquired. However, being aggressive in pursuing it is necesary.

If drugs were found in the search, it is likely charges will be forthcoming. You should exercise your right to remain silent and immediately hire aggressive legal counsel. Any drug possession charge can be serious and, certainly, a sale of contraband increases the level of severity.

For a FREE consultation call 612.240.8005.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at http://www.minnesotaLawyers.com