The clerk, working, with state attorney, is thwarting my access to the court. What can I do?

Moline, IL |

The state attorney and another attorney violated a court order and misappropriated funds. I filed a pro se motion for appointment of counsel but was denied. I then filed a pro se motion to proceed as a poor person (followed requirements) and never heard anything (3 months now). I know these people are blocking my access to the court. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. Your answer is very confusing.. If it is not a criminal case, the state's attorney probably is not involved. What exactly do you mean that "these people" are blocking your "access to the court?"

2. Have to tried to file your action with the court, and been denied? Have you hired an attorney? If you are not charged with a crime, what is the basis you have for being appointed an attorney? Did they steal your money? If not, what standing do you have to sue? If they stole money, that crime can be reported to law enforcement.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

3. Sounds like you are facing misdemeanor charge(s) and the State is not seeking jail time. This allows the judge to deny your request for a public defender. Indigency is the basis for appointment. But, if jail time is not an issue you have no right for a defender. This does not block your access to the court. I have no idea what you are referring to about "misappropriated funds."