The change in the immigration policy is effective immediately. What is the next step I need to take?

I would like to know what it is exactly that I need to do?

Dallas, TX -

Isaul Verdin

Isaul Verdin

Immigration Attorney - Dallas, TX

Contact an immigration lawyer asap to begin organizing your case. Bring all school documents. Congratulations.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Dallas, TX

Suzan deSeguin-Hons

Suzan deSeguin-Hons

Immigration Attorney - Denver, CO

If you already have a final order or removal, consult with an immigration attorney to see if your removal or deportation can be stopped. If you are in proceedings, consult with your immigration attorney for advice on how best to proceed and, if you do not have an immigration attorney representing you, you should retain one now.
If you are simply an undocumented individual who has not come to the attention of the authorities, you cannot apply for deferred action until USCIS establishes an application procedure. However you can begin gathering the proof that you qualify for deferred action. Before applying for deferred action, when the application procedure becomes available, you should consult with an immigration lawyer for advice on the benefits, as well as the potential risks.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Wait for USCIS to issue instructions.

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

Regarding the policy to stop removal of DREAM Act eligible persons - the government will issue instructions soon.

Related Advice