The borrower owe $45000 and is delinquent. he treaten me I will not get a penny back if I sue, and told me he eventraly will pay

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

the borrower owe $45000 and is delinquent. he treaten me I will not get a penny back if I sue, and told me he eventraly will pay if I ask in peace. there was a notorized contract with promised colateral not dilvered and promised lien on their house they are not willing to sign.
What should be my stratagy now to get my money back??? their voilation of the contract caused mental illness of my family and a lot of liquidated damages. How should I do to get my money back?? wait at their mercy?? or force them through law??? what are the odds of success for each way??

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Adam Jay Jaffe


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I answered this question several minutes ago. Contact a lawyer, do so immediately, and bring suit. Clearly, the other side is stalling. Be advised, it would seem that bankruptcy is a viable issue that you may have to contend with.

    -Adam Jaffe Law Office of Adam Jay Jaffe PO Box 2437 Camarillo, CA 93011-2437 (805) 504-2223 www.... more
  2. Richard Paul Patrick

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There are too many variables in your question to give you good advice. You say there is a contract. The contract holds much of the answer to your question. For example, does the contract spell out what happens if the borrower is in default? Sit down and read your contract to see if you can find some of your answers there. Otherwise, the only way you are going to get good legal advice is to seek out a business attorney and let him/her read the contract and any other documents you have concerning your agreement. If the borrower made some payments, your case will be much more likely to prevail. Good Luck

    This is not legal advice.
  3. Raphael Samuel Moore

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Without seeing the contract, it is impossible to discuss.

    Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-... more
  4. Galen Gentry


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your question is hard to answer. Generally, to win a court case you must have facts to prove that the potential defendant breached his or her obligation to and you suffered damages as a result. So, it will be helpful if you have a contract or promissory note or other written evidence of the obligation. Even letters or emails in which the borrower acknowledges the debt may suffice. Why don't you give a bit more information--specific facts?

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now