Skip to main content

The bio father has visitation only and I have sole legal and physical custody. The Father owes over $200,000 in child support.

Los Angeles, CA |

And has always hid his assets and since has never been forced to provide his financial documents although ordered to the point where forensic accounting has begun. Other than the filing with the DA for recovery of child support owed (the children are 5&6) what other options do I have? I have recently lost employment and receiving unemployment benefits with no support assistance to date from the Father. Thank you.

Attorney Answers 1


You absolutely should get law enforcement to go after him. Have you also tried the family law facilitators, linked below?

I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls --- we need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. Thiss answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Mark as helpful

1 comment



Thank you. I have no idea how to get law enforcement after him. The only time he paid was when my attorneys at the time filed a contempt. Now that I can no longer afford to hire an attorney, the arrears have accrued. I tried myself to do the contempt a year ago but the Judge dismissed it because I didn't know how to defend that motion. The Judge had also ordered the DA's office to defend him because he was up for large amount of counts at the time for not obeying the court order. As far as Fam Law facilitators, I didn't know about them. Thank you. I will look into that.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics